Big Week for Silver

Just a quick follow up on the silver charts I presented recently.
It's looking like we're at a point which in hindsight will be seen as very important. The lower blue trend line was broken today, and we're right at the 34-week MA (pink line). I'd bet that if silver falls any lower, and/or doesn't finish the week over the blue trend line, with the 34-wk MA holding as support, then silver is in for a somewhat protracted decline, at least until it hits the 55-wk MA (green) and/or lower dotted trend line.


Ever the optimist, I bought a shit ton of SLV at 32.85 today, with stop in place. I'm not confident, truth be told, so I didn't go in for options or leverage as I hinted at last week. I also bought a kilogram kookaburra and a silver lunar monkey. Hell, silver can drop to zero and I don't care - not looking to sell these things anyway. The Perth mint does it right!




5 comments:

Louis Cypher said...

Love the Perth mint stuff. Always a quality product.
Looks like you will be in the money on both trades.

Warren James said...

You got one of the best kilo coin designs GM. My own Perth Mint pressed items are for long term keeps, with bars for shorter term. I'm waiting for the lunar series (in silver) continuing - year of the dragon is next to be minted. The 10-ounce kookaburra silver coins are some of the most beautiful coins I've held ...

AG said...

Good call! Did you check out the premium on those Silver Eagles from the US Mint??? Seems like the "paper vs physical" spread is becoming pretty obvious.

GM Jenkins said...

Thanks AG - nice blog btw. Re: premium on ASE: I wonder to what extent the Mint is just taking advanatge of growing interest in silver as an investment to gouge the public. The coins I believe are "proof" versions with fancy cases and certificates, so who knows. But, I do think something is up with silver, that it really might be the Achilles heel of the Paper Aristocracy in some way. Don't know if you read Jesse at jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com, but he's a terrific writer and certainly doesn't seem like a glittering-eyed conspiracy nut, and he wrote yesterday:
At some point the shysters will lose control of the monetary papier-mâché which they have created. And the subsequent reaction could be epic, with the almost inevitable force of nature, like a tsunami rolling in.
Only a few people understand this. So it could be quite the surprise to many. In the meantime the bankers and politicians are scrambling for the goodies pouring out of the financial piñata which they cracked open in the financial crisis. The banks have plenty of gold to lease into the bullion banks, and then on into the markets and as collateral for leveraged paper obligations. But they are running out of silver, which causes me to believe that the silver cartel will break first, and will lead the way higher, as it has been doing.

GM Jenkins said...

Louis and Warren, re: the Perth mint stuff: I realized their stuff is a good compromise for me, because I find accumulating bullion boring. Collecting numismatic coins (and betting on stocks) at least has the merit of being exciting. Yeah, probably excitement shouldn't be an operating criterion here, but anyway, I wish I had collected coins as a kid instead of lousy baseball cards. For one thing, my mother probably wouldn't have thrown away all my coins. I recently bought some European coins from the 19th century - they're surprisingly not much over spot; I guess there are just so many of them. I'd love to get my hands on one of those Alexander the Great coins.